Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My new blog, plus an update

On the other one, other people couldn't respond, so after searching around I figured out how to create my own blog. Like I mentioned before I'm not much of a blogger, so it took a while for me to figure this out. I just copied and pasted a few of my other posts from the other site.

Since the last time I posted:

I am down a bridesmaid, a groomsmen and a ring bearer.

The was-groomsmen might be joining the military before the year is up, so by march he might be stationed elsewhere in the country or even out of country. and since the was-bridesmaid is his fiance and the was-ring bearer is their son, they would go with him. Plus they are going to be to be getting married before he joins so they can have the benefits. So things are busy for them and I understand. So at least we are down one bridesmaid AND one groomsmen, this way our numbers are still equal. The ring bearer though, I don't know what to do. I have a few ideas. Russell's cousin is have a baby that is due in October, its going to be a boy, but i think that might be too young. he will be a newborn still and the parents might not be comfortable with that, which i wouldn't blame them. Then I thought I could just have the flowergirl, she'll be 11 mo old and I was thinking she could walk down with her mom, who is a bridesmaid, since she will probably be wobbly walking still. I am almost positive she will be walking since she is 5 mo. now and is crawling and can sit up on her own and can hold her bottle. After talking to Jessica, the flowergirl's mom and a bridesmaid, she suggested that Bella, the flowergirl, could even have the rings in her basket or tied to the basket so she could be an all-in-one flowergirl/ring bearer. I think thats a cute idea.


On Monday I went to David's bridal with Megan and Jessica, 2 of the 3 bridesmaids to narrow down/pick a bridesmaid dress. I chose one and it the shorter one that I posted a picture of. this one:
Didn't pick shoes yet for the bridesmaids. The shoes are kinda expensive there, so i was going to look around still. The dresses take 12 weeks to come in, so they will arrive the second week of december. That gives time for any alterations that might need to be done or if there is any problems. This upcoming monday, my other bridesmaid, crystal, has the day off work and we will be heading down to david's bridal to order her dress too.
I made an appointment for October 3, a saturday, to go the local florist. I don't have any idea what kind of flowers I want, I do know I want yellow to be incorporated in the wedding parties flowers. I would like my boquet to have color in it too, I think all white flowers is too boring. Im finally going to be getting started on the flowers! Im getting more and more crossed off of my list! I still need to get a lot of little things done, like buy invitations, register for gifts, figure out the favors. I have an idea of what I want to do, but Im not sure yet. Also I have to figure out the seating arrangements. Soon Russell and I will have to start meeting with the pastor before the wedding. If I remember right he said he likes to meet with couples around 7-8 times before the wedding. Hopefully I can put that off until after this sememster is over, that way I won't get too overwhelmed.
We are still house hunting, we just put an offer on a house and we're hoping this is the one. It is however out of town, about 25-30 minutes from home. We fell in love witht he house though and we are willing to drive the extra miles. It would only add time to my commute to school and it would be about the same for Russell's commute to work. Hopefully this one works out because we are ready to be done with this part.

No comments:

Post a Comment