Tuesday, September 29, 2009

flowers tomorrow

So now all 3 of my bridesmaids have been sized and ordered their bridesmaid dresses. So there's one big check mark. I went to a small bridal fair last sunday with my mom, megan, and Russell's mom, Debbie. I got some nice ideas for flowers and where to register, and there were lots of things to look at I got a bag full of pamphlets, handouts and business cards. It was fun. Megan and I got to ride in a carriage like Cinderella's! That part was really fun! It was drawn by 2 black horses with flowers in their mane and tail and the guy had a cute Jack Russell terrier up front with him. The carriage part was shaped like a pumpkin like Cinderella's! I took some pictures with my cell phone, but I don't know how to load those onto the computer...otherwise I'd put them on to show off. He told us he charges 575 for 2 hours. A bit pricey and I don't think It would really work for us, because the location is right off 120, I don't think that would be very wise to have horses travel down the highway. At the end there was a fashion show of bridal gowns, tuxes and some bridesmaids dresses and a few monther of the bride dresses. It was cute. There were gifts given away from different booth for free items or services. Debbie won a free tux for us! And we visited the booth again after and they carry the color of the bridesmaids dresses (serene)! So that's good to know. Even if the groomsmen don't end up going there to get the tuxes, my dad could get his there. It's free so were defintely going to use that for someone! Tomorrow at 2 I'm going to Manteca Floral, the local florist, to look at the different flowers they offer and the prices. My mom and Russell's mom are coming. I'm kinda clueless at the flowers. I did see some flowers at a booth that I liked. I saw some blue orchids I liked and light blue hydrengas. I liked them all really. I know I want colorful boquets. We'll see what happens tomorrow.


4 comments:

  1. Kelly,I love your blog! I am now up-to-date on your wedding plans. Everything sounds wonderful. I used my aim account so I didn't have to do a new sign in and password so when you see TUISSCarol you'll know that it is me (Carol Mink).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly,
    Congratulations on the new blog. You seem to be doing just fine with blogging. And I like this interface better than the other one. This is more personal, lets friends and family feel like they're personally involved -- even if they are only lurking. :-)

    While planning your flowers, don't forget to look at *any* source of color combinations that you like. For example, if you are looking at room decor at a store or in a magazine or catalog and see a color combo you like (that would pick up your blue), make a note and ask the florist if it could be reproduced using flowers that would be available in March.

    Enjoy the hectic times!

    ReplyDelete