Monday, December 28, 2009

Got a DJ finally!

I guess 3rd time really is the charm! originally we were going to use the same DJ a friend of ours had at their wedding, but he is doing a band thing now and wasn't available on our date. So we didn't worry much about it because at the time we still had alot of time. Later a neighbor's co-worker did DJ-ing and a band on the side and we met with him. He seemed nice enough and knew what he was doing. He couldn't give me a quote until he knew how many hours he was going to be there, so he gave me his email and I emailed him the plan of events, a kind of timeline so he knew what to expect and he was suppose to email me back. He never did. So I called Sandee, she owns and runs the place where we are having the ceremony and reception. She recommended a DJ to us, his name is Fernando. We met with him, and we both really like him. We gave him a deposit to save the date and he signed a contract saying he will be there on our day. He gave 4 or 5 CD with popular songs for the first dance, father/daughter dance, mother/ son dance, wedding party marches, wedding marches and so on. It is really helpful. So I am happy I can cross that off my list of the many things I still need to do. It's also good the this DJ and my lady, Sandee have worked together many times so he know the area and where to set up and how things work at that venue. One less thing for me to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment